You have just purchased a modem featuring a pioneering new technology, making Internet access possible at speeds previously only imagined. This external cable modem is one part of a comprehensive communications system that utilizes the cable television network to deliver high-speed data to your computer. Data is requested and sent over the cable television network at burst rates of up to 38 megabits per second (Mbps)*. This chapter explains how to prepare your computer system for cable modem installation.
* Actual speeds will vary depending on computer hardware, applications, service offered by your cable service provider, and network traffic.
Cable Modem Features
- Cable line bandwidth allows user data rates of up to 38 megabits per second (Mbps)*, faster than 56K analog modems, ISDN, or ADSL.
- Two-way design means that the cable modem both sends and receives data over the cable line.
- Plug-and-play USB operation ensures easy setup and installation.
- DOCSIS-compliance ensures interoperability with cable suppliers.
- 3Com’s extensive technical support organization provides you with the quick answers you need to get up and running.
* NOTE: Please note that the following factors affect the speeds you may experience: (1) your computer equipment and configuration, including the speed of your processor, the amount of RAM on your system, and your available
Download pdf HomeConnect Cable Modem External with USB Getting Started Guide