The Oracle Academy’s Hosted Database offering provides web-enabled access to an Oracle database for schools that have experienced IT staff to teach database fundamentals using their own curriculum. Using Oracle’s HTML DB web interface, schools harness the power of the Oracle database to teach students relational database concepts. Because this service is hosted by Oracle, there is no need to install or maintain any hardware or software.
What Oracle Provides
• Accounts posted on a password protected web portal.
• Technical support via telephone and e-mail.
• Two weeks advance notice for downtime related to scheduled maintenance and system upgrades.
• Database tables loaded with sample Human Resources data. The table diagram below illustrates the structure of these tables.
• Completion of the Hosted Database Application, including curriculum plan and teacher experience and qualifications.
• Written approval and acceptance of your application from the Oracle Academy (provided in 2-4 weeks upon receipt of the application).
• Annual participation fee of USD $500 per instructor.
• Minimum of ten students enrolled in the class.
• Written responses to two Oracle Academy surveys.
• One written success story that highlights how your students benefited from your Hosted Database membership.
Download pdf Hosted Database Quickstart Guide